Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween a Go-Go

Here's the costume I wore to work on Friday -- as you can see I really didn't have to dig very deep into my wardrobe to put this outfit together. In fact, the tights were really all I needed to buy. This costume was the result of not having a lot of time, and wanting an excuse to wear these shiny silver go-go boots to work just once.

Also, it took me about 2 hours to swap the background out on this photo. Clearly I am no Photoshop wizard. I like how it turned out though; I always loved those shows with the go-go dancers in front of the swirling, kaleidoscope background.

For my makeup, I worked from this photo of Twiggy. I couldn't duplicate her sad, pouty expression because whenever I try to look serious in photos I end up looking either pissed off or like I'm about to puke; however, I did take a close-up and convert it to black and white, in order to have a reasonable comparison with the original. The make-up was considerably easier than I thought it'd be, although it helps that I'm fairly adept with liquid eyeliner anyway.

I was amused by the fact that several people told me that this costume wasn't all that different from the stuff I wear every day. I think I need to channel Twiggy more often.

Dress, necklace: vintage
Earrings: from a Prague street vendor
Bangles: a gift from Sal
Tights: Leg Avenue
Boots: Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment