Friday, November 6, 2009

Madcap Stripes



I saw this skirt on Gilt Groupe and immediately fell in love with it. The buckles, the zippers, and the quirky color combo are just perfect for my style, and it's unlike anything else in my wardrobe. And then it's called the Madcap Stripes skirt, which made me want it even more. Look how the stripes match my hair! Truly it was meant to be. The skirt is solidly constructed, the fit is perfect, and the zippers are functional, which means I could potentially wear something else underneath (pettipants maybe, with a ruffled hem?) and partially unzip the front panel to reveal the lower layer.

Because the raspberry stripes in the skirt are fairly bright, I decided to bring more olive and black into the rest of the outfit, and keep my jewelery to a minimum. The tights are actually 2 pairs layered together: a pair of solid olive green cotton leggings with a pair of black lace tights on top. It was just too chilly that day for the black ones alone, and I thought the green background helped to tone down the busy lace pattern a little.

This top by itself is actually very unflattering, as it flares out under the bust and looks like a big tent on me. But the little puff sleeves and the ruched bodice appealed to me, so I bought it knowing that it would always be a bottom layer, and it was cheap enough that I didn't care.

Necklace and ring: Manu Lizzaralde
Top: H&M
Waistcoat: Heathen
Skirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Olive tights: Foot Traffic
Black tights: Biella
Boots: All Black

P.S. Still not a member of Gilt? Use this invitation to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment