Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Wear: Daytime College Reunion



Over the weekend Mark and I attended his college theater reunion, and this is what we wore. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the two of us together, but this is the next best thing. I like how we sort of match but not quite.

I just loved this outfit on Mark. The combination of the vintage blazer, the tuxedo-stripe jeans by Heathen, and the funky John Fluevog shoes looked so modern and imaginitive. He thrifted this blazer for a few bucks, and I think it looks great on him.

I'm wearing another new dress from All Saints, which is making its first appearance on the blog today. The print on this dress is stunning; a delicate and very detailed collage of snakes, skulls, and various flora in shaded blue, gray, and black. It's called the Seven Curses dress and it sort of reminds me of a cross between old tattoos and black magic voodoo imagery. The fabric of the dress is fairly sheer, so I wore it over a short tulle skirt, which I actually had to pull down quite low over my hips in order to make it peek out at the hem. The leggings gave the elastic band of the skirt something to stick to and stay in place.

I topped off the outfit with my newly-customized military jacket, which has quickly become a staple in my wardrobe. This time of year it's great for taking the chill off without being cumbersome to carry around while I'm inside. Expect to see more of this jacket soon; I also included it in a work outfit last week that still has yet to be posted.

My outfit:
T-shirt: H&M
Dress: All Saints
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Forever 21
Leggings: Kersh
Boots: Dr. Martens
Jacket: Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment