Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gothic Argyle


Ooh, before I forget, who's going to the Northwest Blog Meetup this Friday?? Jess and I will be there, so be sure to grab us and say hi!

This tunic is another fairly recent acquisition from All Saints, which is only just now making its first appearance on the blog even though I've already worn it several times as a more casual weekend look. I'm absolutely in love with this piece; at first glance it looks very somber and goth, but upon closer inspection you can see that the pattern is actually our old friend, the classic nerdy argyle. The soft fabric and thick construction make it the perfect, snuggly warm layering piece for winter.

This garment is actually billed as a dress, but I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about wearing it that way. For one thing it's not very long, and could easily take a dangerous detour into chocha land. For another, it has the clingy knit dress syndrome when it's pulled all the way flat, though admittedly it isn't nearly as unflattering as a thin jersey dress would be. Regardless, I intend to wear it as a tunic, and with this outfit I hit on the idea of layering it over this vintage slip-upcycled-to-skirt. This added the right amount of length while still allowing the tunic to be the star of the show. Better still, since the skirt is a slip, no extra layer was needed to keep my clothing from sticking to my leggings.

Because the whole outfit was pretty dark, I added some eye-catching silver accessories to brighten it up: the studded double-wrap skinny belt, and my beautiful quartz pendant from Argentina.

Tunic: All Saints
Pendant: Manu Lizzaralde
Belt: vintage
Skirt/slip: Glam Grab by Gunlis
Boots: All Black

No comments:

Post a Comment