Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Exceedingly Dull

Well, I was about to go on about how I've worn this skirt and this dress countless times but never thought to pair them until now, but upon perusing my past posts I discovered that I've only worn the skirt 5 other times this year, and the dress only 6 times since I bought it in February. And that really isn't very much, is it? So it's hardly surprising that I've never paired them until now. And with that I conclude my exceedingly dull story.

What I WILL go on about, though, is just how comfortable this outfit was. This skirt has a super stretchy, lightweight elastic waistband, while the dress has no constriction whatsoever around the midsection. Despite this, the outfit as a whole has very flattering shaping, and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing maternity clothes. It all hinges on the cut of the dress, which, though empire-waisted, doesn't puff out too much below the waistband. It's one of the most flattering empire dresses I've ever come across.

The dress has ample room in the bust and could easily accommodate much larger 'girls' than mine, while the pretty cowl neckline would soften and minimize said bust quite nicely. I imagine it would work really well on ladies with apple figures, too. The best part? I just discovered today that Modcloth has 2 other versions of this dress, a purple one and a houndstooth, both under 50 bucks!

T-shirt: H&M
Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: ?
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment