Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Confession

I have a confession to make. About a month ago I placed a self-imposed clothes-shopping moratorium on myself, which I have now twice broken. The first time was for a pair of short black boots, which just arrived today from Amazon and which will be making an appearance soon, no doubt. I found them on sale for $23 and figured I could justify breaking the moratorium for such a great deal.

Then the other day I spotted this dress at The Red Dress Shoppe. Recognizing its potential for a myriad of different looks, I was intrigued. But when I saw that it runs small in the bust, I knew I needed to get it. So many fitted styles like this have darts in all the wrong places for my figure, but this dress fits like a dream; in fact, it looks and feels like it was custom-made just for me. I've already thought of at least a dozen other looks I can make with it, and have earmarked it as one of my top picks for items to take with me on my trip to Paris. I think it'll look great with colorful tights or turtlenecks, with a blazer and boots, topped with a bright cardigan, with a tie-neck blouse underneath...

Oh, I also ordered a second dress from The Red Dress Shoppe the other day. Oops.

The rest of the outfit:
Belt: Came with the dress
Tights: Noa Noa
Shoes: Bronx
Hat: Seeberger

My full-length gray slip just barely peeked out from beneath the hem of the dress, and is visible in the second photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment