Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Regal

Sorry for yesterday's lack of post; it turned out that a night of insomnia followed by a morning at the dentist was all I could take for one day, so I stayed home in my grubbies.

Today's outfit is a mix of jewel tones and has an interesting makeup. It is actually 2 layered skirts; the gray one hiked all the way up, the teal one hiked up to my ribcage, and the belt holding everything in place. I love all the soft drapey fabric together, and the richness of the colors prompted one of my coworkers to say I looked regal.

I'm not even sure what to call the top, as it's somewhere between a cardigan and a wrap. The long wings that drape down the front can be wrapped around the waist and tied in the back, flung over each opposite shoulder like a wrap, tied together and draped behind the neck in a loose cowl, and a multitude of other configurations I probably haven't even discovered yet. Over the weekend I was looking for a colorful turtleneck to take with me on my upcoming trip, but settled on this instead because I felt it was more versatile.

Top: I'm not sure; the tag just says, "S"
Gray skirt: Same as the top
Teal skirt: LA Made
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment