Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Tiny Rebellion

This was one of those days where I really resented the real world for intruding on my fun. All I wanted to do was to stay home and snuggle with my sweetheart, but that time-sucking annoyance called work got in the way. As a way of flipping the proverbial bird to the workday, I didn't put a whole lot of effort into this outfit; I simply reworked a previous one. Not only that, but I didn't even pluck my eyebrows this morning. Ha! Take that, Sleep-Robbing Alarm Clock, Stress-Inducing Traffic, and Mind-Numbing Meetings! It was a tiny rebellion that went wholly unnoticed, sure, but it did allow me to reclaim 3 minutes of my morning, during which I enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee. Boy, when I decide to stick it to the Man, watch out.

One important feature of today's ensemble is these MIA boots. Remember the boots I told you about yesterday, the ones I broke my shopping moratorium for? Well, these are the ones -- sort of. I originally bought these boots several months ago in metallic silver for a Barbarella-inspired costume for Burning Man. After tromping around in the desert and even dancing until dawn in them, I marvelled at how comfortable they were and how well they held up. When we got back, I decided I'd take a look at what other colors they were available in, and ended up seriously torn between the cream and the black. Not wanting to go overboard with breaking the moratorium, I decided I'd buy only one of the colors. I asked Mark for his opinion, and he advised me to get the black pair, which arrived yesterday. And then what did my adorable boy do? He showed up last night bearing the cream pair! So here they are, my trifecta of shiny go-go boots. I felt just like a drum majorette in these little cuties.

Blue wrap dress: Forever 21
Jeans: Joe's
Scarf and handbag: Banana Republic
Necklace: Dana LeBlanc Designs (via Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment