Thursday, September 18, 2008

Seatbelt

This pretty dress is another from the Red Dress Shoppe. This is not the second of the new ones; I didn't feel like ironing this morning so that one will have to wait. By the way, let me just state for the record that I have no affiliation with the store, I just really love the clothes, the prices are very reasonable, and the service is excellent. I'm always happy to recommend a business when it meets that description, especially when it's small and independently-operated. The Red Dress Shoppe also has a blog now, which you can see here.

On a completely unrelated note, I have this to say to car manufacturers: If someone would design a seatbelt that doesn't leave wrinkles across your lap and between your boobs, I would buy your car for that feature alone. Is arriving to work looking freshly-pressed really too much to ask of our vehicles?

That said, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this particular dress did not wrinkle nearly as much as I feared it would. Too bad I didn't know that before I spent the entire trip to work fidgeting with my seatbelt and trying to keep it loose enough not to crush the fabric. By the way, I'm considering taking a couple of inches off the hem of this dress so that it hits just below the knee. Do any of my lovely readers have an opinion on this?

Cardigan: e-klah
Belt: came with a Noa Noa skirt
Argyle print tights: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Steve Madden
Bangles: a present from Sal




No comments:

Post a Comment