Friday, October 30, 2009

The Wait is Over


Happy Halloween everyone! This obviously isn't my costume; I wore this last week, but I'll bring you a costume post on Monday.

After many tortuous weeks of waiting, I'm finally able to wear my dreamy new Frye boots! And boy, do I love these babies; with the 4 1/4" heels I feel like a towering Amazon, but the rise isn't so steep that I can't walk in them. With this outfit I paired them with my long navy socks and a short dress for an exaggerated long-legged look. I just love the rich blue color, and since they're Frye they'll last approximately 200 years. I'd better start looking around for someone with the same shoe size that I can bequeath them to in my will.

It was chilly last week, so I wore leggings underneath the socks. This is a great way to layer for warmth, and also to make use of your leggings and footless tights during the winter. I like layering socks over leggings because it doesn't add another layer inside your shoes, thus making the shoes uncomfortably tight (or unwearable, in some cases). You can't see the leggings in the full-length photos, since they were just barely visible beneath the hemline of my dress, but you can see them in the detail shot; they're a denim blue. I didn't feel like there was really another color I could reasonably add to this outfit because the pattern of the dress is already pretty busy, so instead I mixed in the second shade of blue for a little contrast.


Jacket: vintage
Dress:
Socks and leggings: Sock Dreams
Boots: Frye

No comments:

Post a Comment