Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Desperate Times

Thanks everyone for the outpouring of support for my recent work woes. I know it's not always feasible to comment, especially if you read a large number of blogs as I do, so I really appreciate your taking the time to stop by with kind words and encouragement. It's times like these that it's especially gratifying to feel a part of such a positive and supportive group. This work episode will pass, and thanks to all my virtual friends in the style blog community, it won't feel like the end of the world.

On to more important topics, such as shoes. As you can see, my selection of wearable shoes is growing, though my toe is still pretty swollen even after several weeks of healing time. I'm not sure I'd have thought of pairing these boots with the ruffled skirt, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and believe me when I say I was pretty damn desperate to get some variety back into my footwear. This new top, with its subtle pink stripes, was the perfect way to introduce the burgundy color to the outfit without the whole thing looking too somber. Burgundy and pink is a combination I've been attracted to recently, and I like the way the two colors work together for a balance of gamine and sophisticated.

The striped socks (they come all the way up to my thighs) are some I've had for quite awhile but haven't worn too often. Striped socks are one of those things that can take an outfit over the top pretty easily, especially in a steampunk-flavored getup such as this one, so I prefer to let just a small bit of them show. They're perfect with this skirt, which lets the socks just barely peek out as I walk or sit cross-legged.

Top: Clockwork Couture
Obi belt: Audra Jean
Skirt: Heathen
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Miz Mooz

No comments:

Post a Comment