Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here I Am! [rocking you not so much like a hurricane, but perhaps rather a refreshingly crisp, light mist]

Thanks to Audi for her badgering encouragement (hee!) to finally contribute to the blog properly (my first solo post!), and to all of you - for your lovely welcomes! It's exciting (and a little bit scary) to put myself "out there", but I know you'll be gentle. Right?!?

As Audi mentioned, I do indeed work in finance, and am frequently "out in the field" as it were. This means both lots of airplane travel and also fairly-to-very conservative work environments. Trust me, this can make packing a grueling ordeal for an accomplished procrastinator. However, being aligned with the IT department, perhaps I'm given (or maybe take?) a little bit of leeway - or at least try to push the envelope a bit, as the matchy-matchy suit situation doesn't appeal to me for daily wear. It's a challenge to put together outfits that balance "Business-y" but are still "me" (decidedly NOT business-y). Sure, it can be easy to just throw on pants/jacket combo with a button-down underneath, and I have been known to rock the pinstriped 3-piece on occasion. But you know, sometimes I just don't wanna wear something so stifling.

It was cold this morning, and I was tired, cranky, under-caffeinated, and late(!), so a bit of comfort was called for - quickly. This charcoal grey skirt is a staple of mine during chillier months; I'm pretty excited that I get to wear it again with tights and sweaters! This little vest satisfies my need for layers without being bulky (the nerdygirl in me LOVES an argyle v-neck!), and paired with a mauve checkered button-down, makes a potentially monochromatic ensemble a bit more interesting - but still appropriate for a day full of meetings in the suit-and-tie world.  Two-tone mary janes make for a good contrast, while adding a bit of quirkiness.



Chasing away the grey clouds with a little bit of sparkle, I added these gorgeous gems scored in Buenos Aires @ Manu Lizarralde - the amethysts are some of the biggest I've seen on an earring, and the quality is amazing.


The ring is an eye-catching pearl set in silver that never came off once tried on. I still can't believe we went to that shop -3- times. [Also, I'll never be a hand model.]

I'll admit that fashion-wise, I'm still learning what works - being a curvy girl at times has its frustrations, as does the potentially stuffy corporate world, but I look forward to sharing more outfits and adventures!

Skirt: Banana Republic
Vest: H&M
Shoes: groove




No comments:

Post a Comment