Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rememberance of Outfits Past

Just when I thought I'd posted all my pre-vacation outfits, I found two more that I'd completely forgotten about. I guess that's one of the hazards of not posting outfits in real time; I suppose it's also a natural side effect of the flurry of activity that happens before a big trip. As an interesting and related side note, one of the main reasons I started photographing my outfits in the first place is because I had trouble remembering them, which of course is important both for being able to repeat great combinations, and for avoiding wearing the same thing over and over. Keeping track of what I wear has had two important consequences for me: one, it inspires me to put in my best effort every day; two, it helps me get better usage out of my wardrobe by showing me which pieces I'm wearing a lot or a little.

Here's that thrifted dress that I dyed green a couple months ago. Building on the mod feel of the dress, I added go-go boots and funky argyle tights. I feel like the dress is far more versatile now than when it was an oatmeal color. With the green it's so much easier to create interesting and colorful outfits, but the shade is still subdued enough that I can also pair it with neutrals if I want to. The fact that the buttons and topstitching are beige makes pairing with neutrals even easier.

Dress: thrifted
Shirt: H&M
Scarf: Banana Republic
Tights: some shop in Salzburg
Boots: MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment