Thursday, October 22, 2009

Making a Statement

This silver chain necklace was handmade for me by gorgeous Sal as a 40th birthday present, after I admitted to her that I'm woefully inept when it comes to statement necklaces. I guess I always fear overdoing it, so for my first outing with this necklace I wore nothing but solid colors and no other jewelery. I thought the v-neck dress was a great way to frame the necklace, though next time I want to try it with something that doesn't interfere with the way the vertical chains hang.

Looking at the outfit now, I don't know why I've been so hesitant to try this look, because really this doesn't seem all that crazy statement-y. Then again I think Sal, knowing that I'm a novice, intentionally kept the necklace on the tame side in order to help me get comfortable with it. Thanks Sal; you're the best!

I ended up adding black socks to this outfit for two reasons: the criss-cross straps of the shoes conflicted too much with the bottom of the leggings, and also the leggings look better scrunched down a bit around the ankles, so the socks gave them something to stick to and stay in place. I love the buttons on the hem of the leggings, and how the color matches the decorative stitching on the shoes.

Dress: F21
Shirt: H&M
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Leggings: Noa Noa
Shoes: John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment